Thursday, August 18, 2011

Getting Introduced to Skinny Jeans

Number 3 on my Life List is "Get Some Fashion." And boy do I need it! I don't know what it is but every time I go shopping I come home with NOTHING! I just can't seem to get into the oversized shirts that are off the shoulder and up past your belly button. Then again I have to admit that I haven't been fair at giving some new trends a chance. And to top it all off I'm not in a city that has a wide variety or good selection of stores. Blah.

Enter… Portland, OR
Enter…Forever 21
Enter…H&M
Enter…STYLE!!!

Our little family took a weekend trip to Portland recently and I was so excited to do some shopping! 

 I walked around the first store a couple times and picked up 2 really boring shirts. I couldn't believe it! I wasn't finding anything! Then I told myself to step out of my boring black and white wardrobe and try something totally different.

I went to the dressing room with two armfuls of colorful shirts and new pieces…including skinny jeans (no they aren't the newest thing but I have never even tried them!). Mr was SO SUPRISED when he came back to see my outfit…He loved it!

It's a work in progress but I'm loving the new colors and pieces that I've tried.


Shirt: Forever 21
Skinny Jeans: Forever 21
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Buckle
Do you see my tangerine nail polish?  Love it!


Jacket: Forever 21
Flower: H&M

Pictures by: Photography By Claire

4 comments:

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

Love the outfits! Love your blog! New follower :)

Amanda @ www.thelittlegiggler.blogspot.com

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love a good fashion blog. I am always in need of inspiration in the fashion area of my life. Thanks for linking up and sharing. New Follower:>

Brooke said...

One hot momma!! I can not believe you never tried skinny jeans! Crzy girl. You look so good! Color is so fun!

Anonymous said...

I hear you there! If I try on 20 different things, with luck I'll end up buying one! I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans a couple of days ago to wear with boots for fall (I've always said I would never own a pair!).

http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/